- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Babies Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pediatrics: St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center
- Free University of Bruxelles, Belgium
- Duke University
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Sub-Board of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Medical education
- Congenital infections
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN)
Dr. Mimms is MANA’s director of medical education. He has served as the Pediatric Clerkship Director for several affiliated medical schools, including New Jersey Medical School, Drexel Medical School, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Kirksville College or Osteopathic Medicine, and St. George’s Medical University. Dr. Mimms oversees resident training in the NICU as well. His commitment to medical education has been recognized by the students time and again; he has received numerous awards for teaching excellence.
Dr. Mimms also directs MANA’s post-graduate education program. Her organizes visiting lectureships and has created neoForum, a regional conference for neonatologists and other neonatal caregivers, which has become New Jersey’s most important educational program in neonatology.