- Professional Experience – Head of The Brain Bank at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Post Doctoral Training – Neuropathology, Johns Hopkins University
- Residency – Neurology, University “G. D’Annunzio” School of Medicine, Italy
- MD – Catholic University of Rome School of Medicine, Italy
- PhD – Catholic University of Rome School of Medicine, Italy
Dr. Iacono is the Director of Neuropathology Research at MANA and a Lead Researcher for Atlantic Health System. Dr. Iacono’s career has been centered in neurology and the study of neurodegenerative diseases. As a clinical neurologist in Italy, Dr. Iacono cared for patients affected by dementias, movement disorders, and epilepsy. His post-doctoral research in the Division of Neuropathology at Johns Hopkins University was focused on studies related to normal aging and neurodegenerative diseases. Dr. Iacono has worked in some of the premier European institutions for neurology in Switzerland, France, and the UK. Prior to joining MANA, Dr. Iacono served as Senior Researcher and Head of The Brain Bank at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden. He has authored over 20 articles in high-impact journals and has received a series of research grants for young investigators. At MANA, Dr. Iacono plans to initiate new lines of investigation in the field of developmental neuropathology and neonatal neuroscience. He directs the neuropathology research lab and will lead investigator-initiated studies of neonatal brain development. He is particularly interested in identifying novel biomarkers that identify and predict brain injury and development.