- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Babies Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pediatrics: St. Lukes – Roosevelt Medical Center, New York
- University of Chile
- Purdue University
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Sub-Board of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- NICU planning and design
- Care of the extremely low birth weight infant (ELBW)
- Perinatal asphyxia
Dr. Schenkman is a founding member and managing partner of MANA. With more than 25 years of clinical experience he has a profound understanding of the unique developmental needs of neonates which he has translated into expertise in NICU design and planning. Dr. Schenkman’s research efforts have focused on bringing innovation to the NICU, including technology and environmental design.
However, Dr. Schenkman’s commitment to research is most apparent in his role as co-founder of the MANA research program. His vision for establishing a neonatal research institute in a private practice setting has led to the creation of a diverse research environment which brings together clinicians, physician-scientists and PhD research scientists. MANA now operates an active pre-clinical laboratory, participates on multiple clinical trials, conducts rigorous quality-improvement initiatives and maintains federally-funded grants.