Thursday, June 10, 2010
This conference addressed the contemporary topics of hearing loss such as accurate diagnosis of infant hearing loss with a focus on diagnostic patterns to identify auditory neuropathy, the impact of bilirubin on audition and the history and changes of disability in the US with an emphasis on hearing impairment.
- Vinod Bhutani, MD, Professor of Pediatrics Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford University, “Bilirubin- Induced Neurologic Dysfunction (BIND).”
- Susan Burch, Ph.D, Director, Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity, Associate Professor Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, “Every Body: Deaf and Disability History in America”
- James W. Hall III, Ph.D, Clinical Professor in the Department of Communicative Disorders University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, “Accurate Diagnosis of Infant Hearing Loss: First Step in Effective Intervention”
- Lectures by internationally renowned speakers
- Clinical forum with open discussions among all attendees
- Sponsor exhibits by supporting organizations